When providing our services, we process your personal data. In order to inform you how we handle your personal data, we prepared this privacy statement. This document was last updated on 31 May 2018.
1. Who are we?
We are a certified occupational health and safety agency that offers services in the field of providing advice on absenteeism and working conditions, prevention and reintegration. We process a large amount of personal data. We need this personal data in order to provide our services. We are responsible to protect your personal data in the best possible way. In doing so, we must comply with the requirements of the privacy regulations. This privacy statement explains how we handle, protect and process your data with utmost care.
2. Contact details
The personal data is processed by:
Assist Verzuim BV
De Stroekeld 1
7462 ZZ Rijssen
+31(0)548 533 525
3. Personal data
We (possibly) process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Contact details, such as name, address, city, telephone number and email address.
- Employment data such as company, position and type of employment.
- Absenteeism information
- Medical data
We process your personal data for different purposes, such as:
- A good and efficient service;
- Conducting administrative tasks, such as planning;
- Offering customised support;
- The reintegration of sick workers or support to employees or beneficiaries with regard to sickness or occupational disability;
- Compliance with legal obligations;
- Sending periodic newsletters or information provided of a specific nature;
- Conducting (targeted) marketing and promotional activities to establish, maintain or expand a business relationship with a (potential) client.
We process certain personal data in order to execute the agreement with you, or to comply with a legal obligation.
Personal data are processed solely on the basis of legal principles:
- The data subjects have consented to the processing of their personal data or to more specific purposes;
- The processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement to which the data subject is a party or for taking action at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of an agreement;
- Processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation incumbent upon the processor: Working Conditions Regulations (Article 14), Regulation on the conduct of proceedings in the first and second years of illness (Article 2), General Data Protection Act (Article 9);
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the processor or of a third party. In doing so, we always weigh up your interests against ours. Our interests include the careful execution of agreements with you, the maintenance and possible expansion of our client relationship through direct marketing.
6. Security of your data
We have taken adequate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
7. Provision to third parties
As part of our services, we may exchange personal data. We may use the services of third parties for the aforementioned purposes. These third parties may only process your personal data for the aforementioned purposes.
External parties that process personal data under our responsibility do so only for the purposes and under the conditions that we have agreed with them.
We may pass on your personal data to:
- Professionals who are not “directly involved in the treatment” within the context of providing advice on occupational (dis)ability and employment opportunities.
- Absenteeism insurers
- Legal advisers
- External parties that process data under our control and responsibility, such as IT service providers or our marketing department.
- Other occupational health services.
8. How long do we store your data?
We only store your personal data as long as and to the extent that we require it. Data that we necessarily need is stored in any case for the duration of our business relationship or agreement.
If our business relationship or agreement ends, we will retain the data for the statutory retention periods that apply to us.
9. Request for personal data
If you wish to access, amend, transfer, object or have your personal data deleted, please contact our data protection officer (fg), P.O. Box 56, 5670 AB Nuenen or send an email to email@example.com.
We may not be able to meet your request in all cases. If this is the case, we will let you know, stating our reasons.
10. Do you have any questions or complaints?
Questions about this privacy statement or a request about the processing of your personal data can be send to our data protection officer (fg), P.O. Box 56, 5670 AB Nuenen or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any complaints regarding the way Assist Verzuim process your personal data, please let us know. If you do not agree with us, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the privacy supervisor, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Authority for Personal Data for this purpose.
Cookies are small text files that we place on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit our website. These cookies allow us to monitor information about your website visit.
These cookies are used to improve the functioning of our website and to analyse the visits to our website. Because these types of cookies have little impact on your privacy, we do not need to ask your permission to place these cookies. We use this information to improve our website. This information is only used internally and is not shared with third parties.
We do not use tracking cookies. Tracking cookies are cookies that can follow visitors while surfing other websites.
You can manually delete the cookies placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by deleting your browser history within your browser settings.
We can adjust this privacy statement. New versions are always published on the website. We therefore recommend that you consult this statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.